From Health Sciences Institute
1. Chlorine: Added to most municipal water supplies, this disinfectant hardens arteries, destroys proteins in the body, irritates skin and sinus conditions, and aggravates asthma, allergies and respiratory problems.
2. Chloroform: This powerful by product of chlorination causes excessive free radical formation (Accelerated aging!) normal cells to mutate, and cholesterol to oxidize. It’s a known carcinogen!
3. DCA ( Dichloro acedic acid) : This chlorine by product alters cholesterol metabolism and has been shown to cause liver cancer in lab animals.
4. MX (another chlorinated acid): Another by product of chlorination, MX is known to cause genetic mutations that can lead to cancer growth and has been found in all chlorinated water for which it was tested.
5. Proven cause of bladder and rectal cancer: Research has proven that chlorinated water is the direct cause of 9% of all bladder cancers and 15% of all rectal cancers in the U.S.
You wouldn’t knowingly bathe in toxins every morning…. Or set out to ravage your lungs and sinuses, irritate your allergies, aggravate your skin, or …perhaps most horrifying of all… willingly increase your risk of cancer… would you?
Of course not. But the fact is the chlorine in your shower is a powerful toxin, deadly to bacteria and fungi, and poison for your body. Test show that your body can absorb more chlorine as a result of a 10 minute shower than if you drink 8 glasses of the same water. How can that be?
A warm shower opens up your pores, causing you skin to act like a sponge. As a result, you not only inhale the chlorine vapors; you also absorb them through your skin, directly into your bloodstream-at a rate that’s up to six times higher than drinking.
In terms of cumulative damage to your health, showering in chlorinated water is one of the most dangerous risks you take every day. In the short term, chlorinated shower water irritates your eyes, your sinuses, your throat, your skin and your lungs. Long term risk include excessive free radical formation (which makes you age faster) higher vulnerability to genetic mutation and cancer development, difficulty metabolizing cholesterol, and hardened arteries. Showering in chlorine treated water is a serious risk-but it’s also one of the very few risks you can erase immediately. And it’s up to you to protect yourself.